The Bellows Breath is the complete Full Yoga Breath performed with an accelerated rhythm.
Tones all the muscles of the abdomen and chest
Make your inhalation sudden and your exhalation forceful.
- Sit back on your heels, and rest your hands loosely on your knees. Lift and lengthen your spine to open up your chest.
- Inhale and exhale slowly 3 times as you observe your breath settle into your normal breathing pattern.
- Fill your lungs suddenly and forcefully by breathing in through your nose in the Full Yoga Breath.
- Without a pause, forcefully exhale through your nose, emptying your lungs by first contracting your abdomen wall, then compressing your ribs and finally relaxing your shoulders.
- Repeat the inhalation and exhalation 7 times, then relax and breathe normally.
- Repeat the inhalation and exhalation again for 7 consecutive breaths